Pages

El Refugio

A place on the web for escapism.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

SF Murals - Art in Progress #2

Is it an oddity of timing or is it Serendipity? I don't remember why I was over there--in that part of town--but it doesn't matter, does it? I spotted this work in progress back in May 2010. Sheridan Alley, near 10th Street. I didn't just find a mural, I found a mural-in-progress. This sort of thing happens to me sometimes. I just have to go with it. Wouldn't you?


The woman, the central and primary figure (so far), has really begun to take form, with many details already complete. See further below for the pictures from May, showing the early rough sketch.




I am especially struck by the change in the eyes, realizing I really like the early eyes best. (and I like the purple blue lips too...)












That's Megan, creating something out of a blank wall.

No comments: